Compared to other materials, like gemstones or precious metals, pearls are a soft stone. So, when it comes to caring for your pearl jewellery, we’ve come up with the following care tips to follow:
- Avoid heat such as hair dryers, irons and curlers.
- Don’t submerge your pearls in water. No swimming, no showering, no dishes.
- Avoid contact with cosmetics, hair spray or perfumes. These contain chemicals that can damage your pearls.
- A pearl’s luster can be harmed by perspiration, remove before exercising.
- Don’t clean your pearls with standard, hard jewellery materials and don’t ever soak them in liquid. Instead, wipe them down with a soft, damp cloth if necessary.
- Keep your pearls in a soft pouch, secure and separate from other hard jewellery, in order to prevent them from getting scratched.